Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Style Without Breaking the Bank - What's On Your Walls


(Photo courtesy of Domino Magazine)

Do you believe in love at first sight? Well I do because I have first hand experience. The second I laid eyes on this wallpaper by Cole and Son, I was twitterpated. The lines, the pattern, the modern way of bringing the outdoors inside...I love it all. It's sold at Rose and Radish for...gasp!, $195.00 per roll. My visions of a woodland inspired guest bedroom were thrown out the window.
(Photo courtesy of Ikea)

On a recent trip to Ikea, I found a budget friendly answer to my birch tree obsession. These curtain panels, called Anno Unni, are sold at $29.99 for a pack of two. I think these would look great hung on the wall as a backdrop to the bed.


(Photo courtesy of this blog)

As further inspiration, I found this great room that was created by a French designer. She installed birch trees right in her living room. While this may be a bit much for the typical home, wouldn't this look perfect at a cabin? So cozy!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh Kyla! Our friends In Canada have this wallpaper! Their condo was featured on a decorater show....I will find the link. How awesome are those birch branches!!